Thursday 30 September 2010

Experiencing God

I would like to see myself as an active Christian, but it still amazes me how much there is to learn and what I am learning.
Recently it has been brought to my attention, through another blog (20 something Christian) how do we know that we are experiencing God, some have a radical event that changes them, some feel that they are filled with the Holy Spirit and are touched by God daily. This is not the case for me. I think I have experienced God Once, which I won't today go into. There has been a few times when there has been something but not a definite feeling.

I was told on a separate issue about a video to watch. But I think this represents this so well.



The moment at the beginning when you see God dancing with us and the joy that we feel with Him is clearly seen. I don't think we know this is happening, all the good that we see in our early lives we enjoy and don't necessarily say they are from God. This for me is the childlike relationship.

The moment when things interfere is for me an obvious example of not allowing these things from interfering in our relationship with God, but it is easily done.

Then there is the battle, the scene where God fights and wins and lifts us up, this for me is what I would assume is the dramatic experience.

But it was a brief moment from 5:39 - 5:55 this is the moment that God is holding everything back for you, things (hands) are still touching even with Gods presence, these are the moments that I like to think I am experiencing God. I might not have the WOW moment yet, I might not have the Easy dance that I had to start, but I am experiencing God everyday when he is stopping thousand of things, one might slip through but it will eventually be pulled and pushed back.

Tell me what you think of the video, it might stir a completely different reaction to you.

3 comments:

  1. Loved this video - thanks for sharing. I totally agree with you about the experiences and things that still affect us daily. I think our relationship with God is very much like that - that He is always there but we get distracted by the things around us. We are led to believe that others things like money and appearance are more important and if we let them, these things can destroy us. I think the dancing with God is really prayer and if we spend enough time praying we feel that lightness and peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has gifted you with writing communication very well. I like your way of sharing your experiences with us and making it feel like I was there with you also. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, I just enjoy writing the things that inspire my love for Him.

    ReplyDelete

Being Gay and the bible

Oh how I hate this opinion, mostly because it is against what the bible actually teaches us! Most of the homosexual comments in the bible ...