Tuesday 25 February 2014

A pheasant in the garden

This morning we were very lucky to have a pair of pheasants in the garden. The strange thing here is that the male was calling out, almost with distress, whilst jumping back and forth between ours and next doors garden.

Many years ago (around 5) we lost our friend Dick to cancer. Dick was a great man and a great friend. Living next door to him was fantastic, he was great at woodwork, gardening and general maintenance.  One thing he loved though was nature.

Every so often, but mainly winter, he would see a mating pair of pheasants walking up and down the garden.  His response was to feed them.

With this in mind it made me wonder about the pheasants we saw. Are they the same ones, come back to feeding especially in this horrid weather we've been having?  Or their descendants?

I'm aware of genetic memory amongst animals as well as within humans. Could this be what brought them back? I can only assume; if they are the same animal they've come back for more and their call was a call for food and help. Or that the genetic memory has kicked in to also suggest that this location will find a good food supply in troubled times.

This got me thinking about homecomings and where you feel safe within yourself.  Somewhere you feel comfortable.

The last few months I have found going to church difficult for one reason or another.
 The two main reasons are:
Some churches I find difficult worshipping in due to a style that feels right.
AND
I get the boys at 10 so getting to a service on time is extremely difficult.

Watching these pheasants reminded me of a church I use to attend to. Loved it and only started at 11 which fitted with the boys. But it but was only open fortnightly and I felt I needed a lore consistent home. I thought about going there so prayed on it and found these verses

Genesis 28:15

Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

Mark 5:19

And he did not permit him but said to him, “Go home to your friends and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.

On these verses I decided to take a leaf out of the pheasants book and head home for some feeding.  I messaged a friend there who said its now on weekly......this made my day.

Sometimes we need to go to a place of comfort, return and be fed. I'll let you know how I get on.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Being Gay and the bible

Oh how I hate this opinion, mostly because it is against what the bible actually teaches us! Most of the homosexual comments in the bible ...