Saturday 15 November 2014

Fish and Chips Friday

Today's post from my post a day is based on my weekly activity on a Friday.

My mum and I had an amazing relationship,  we might not always have agreed, you could definitely call me a mummies boy!

When she passed away a couple of years ago I was truly heartbroken. But I had the memories and the love to keep me going. Sadly, this was not the case for my brother. Their relationship was hard and non communicative.  There was love there but it was one from a strained relationship this was mainly considered to the fact that they just were not a like. Mum and I had things in common so subsequently had a stronger relationship.

Before passed though my dad was ill, and had been for a couple of years,  because of this mum had been discussing his funeral and what we would do. The shock then of mum passing rocked my world.

Like my brother and my mum, my relationship with dad, was strained.  We are just different people, with different interests. The idea that he could have died and I was holding regret, like my brother, seriously upset and worried me.

From that point I decided to improve our relationship. I moved in shortly after mums funeral, for many reasons, importantly with the idea to build upon what we have.

The last few years have been strained but we are still working towards it. We have two manly date nights. Our first is a film night where we take it in turns to choose a film and watch it together.  Our second, as the blog title displays, is a takeaway night on a Friday. Down to dads old fashioned views it ends most weeks to be Fish and Chips. I don't mind the frequency of it, as it is one night a week that him and I actually sit down together, alone without kids, and eat.

This is working brilliantly because films and food is something that unites a lot of people, even those, like my father and I,  have very little in common.

I try my hardest to build a relationship with out it being forced to change each others personality and subsequently has given us a chance to grow together and build memories. It has also given me chance to learn interesting facts about my dad, like the fact that he use to be a ten pin bowling champion who once played for the GB team.

Something as little as Fish and Chips has built upon who we are. I suggest that people, whatever their relationships are to take time to find common interests through social activities that please everybody. We have so many different fractured families that living in regret that its time to push towards a better future.

It's time to

2 comments:

  1. Companies like Rau-Tech, Project X, Bamford, and replica watches sale Pro Hunter offer new custom Rolex watches, but also engage in bespoke projects where clients send in their new or replica watches sale existing Rolex watches to be customized. This latter part of their business is certainly more niche, but in the end what you have is a Rolex customization business that has a lot of high costs associated with it. On top of rolex replica sale that is the issue of quality. A stock Rolex watch has a very high level of detailing and expert finishing. Custom Rolex watches, to satisfy that core "Rolex experience," must offer similar levels of quality, and that is hard to audemars piguet replica deliver. In fact, one of the primary reasons that Rolex does not authorize or endorse many of these custom watch projects is because they fundamentally alter the Rolex replica watches uk parts, including the cases and often the dials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duramantan allows for different colors to be rolex replica uk used, but only one color per each entire surface. Colormantan is for the more creative customization and rolex replica watches allows for much more unique creations. While the example images of Rolex watches with the Colormantan treatment tends to show squared areas of color, in reality, there is no particular geometric or shape restrictions, and rolex replica uk the client can opt for more or less what they want, if we understand Rau-Tech correctly. So why am I so excited by rolex replica uk this? Well, for the longest time, PVD-style coatings have been limited to just a few dark colors - which are mostly black and gray. If you wanted a metal replica watches watch coated with another color, it would often need to be anodized aluminum, which is a rather replica watches soft metal and not as durable as steel.

    ReplyDelete

Being Gay and the bible

Oh how I hate this opinion, mostly because it is against what the bible actually teaches us! Most of the homosexual comments in the bible ...