Tuesday 19 February 2013

Day 7 - A Summary of teh week and ourselves

So this is day 7, a week worth of trying to write blogs on bettering ourselves and situations, opening our innerselves up to the world and allowing the world to see our true reflection. Through that showing constant love and patience. Life is hard, and as I stated in teh week we need to recognise that we can do better and can become better, the Bible is filled with stories about people who experienced new beginnings. Moses became a leader after being a shepherd for 40 years. Paul hated Christ until God renewed him and made him the greatest apostle of all time. Spiritually we should all be seeking to become a new creatures with an opportunity to learn a new way of living. But the first step to experiencing that new life is believing that it's available to you. Ephesians 4:23 says we must be constantly renewed in our minds and attitudes. It's easy to read about great people in the Bible and think that you are nothing like them, but when you start to think that, you need to renew your mind right away. Choose to think according to God's Word, Gods potential life song over us, not how you feel. Receive His love and experience a new beginning, by taking it in and reflecting it back to teh world. Life will become so much sweeter if you live with an attitude that says "God is completely changing me from the inside out. He's giving me a new beginning and there are greater things ahead." Too many things compete for our limited resources of attention, energy and time. I used to complain to God about my schedule being absolutely insane. I'd cry, "God, how could anyone be expected to do all that I have to do?" Or that life was unfair and all these situations where causing me more hurt. Then it hit me: I was the one who made my schedule and nobody could change it but me! I could no longer spend time wishing things were different because wishing wouldn't change anything. Look at your life and decided i neet to gain discipline myself in order to simplify my life. You'll have to do that too if you want life to slow down. Ask yourself questions and look at your life, showing you what commitments to make and which ones to turn down. It may be tough at first, especially if you haven't been disciplined in the past, but the rewards of order and restraint are worth the effort. The Bible says that discipline brings peaceable fruit. Begin disciplining yourself today, and you can begin to enjoy the peaceful life that God has waiting for you. We should be mindful that unrealistic expectations can quickly steal our peace and joy though. Remembering that we usually visualize a perfect day, with perfect people, and ourselves being perfectly happy in our perfect little world, seeing this perfect finished picture of what we should have and be but we all know that isn't reality. In reality, only God is perfect and the rest of us are under construction, always ending up being more happy accidents. The devil knows what steals our peace and he sets us up to get upset when our unrealistic expectations fall apart. After years of letting the devil steal my peace, I finally got it: Life is not perfect, and things are going to happen that we did not plan for and would rather not go through. My new attitude has become, "Oh well, that's life!" I have discovered that if I don't let those things impress me, then they can't depress me. And most of the time I am focused on other stuff that is going on that I let my guard down and allow him to steal the peace. Like the way we all seem to get sick with colds and flu when we're highly stressed. Although I will admitt that this is far easier than said, and I really need to take this on board again so much more. Everyone has to deal with inconveniences, but we can deal with them and avoid a bad attitude. Remember today that only God is perfect and trust in Him. He can always lead you past disappointing circumstances, strengthening you and helping you to hold on to your peace. The struggles are going to hit us straight on and sometimes might knock us down, but become better, realise that there is a greater potential and that you may not always know it, but through our accidents, hurts and any wrongs that might stain us that these are the moments that you're likely to remember most, the moments that create a better you. Life is always going to be an uphill battle we need to look upon it, ourselves and realise that sometimes we're going have to lose, but eventually we can say I have won, I am me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Being Gay and the bible

Oh how I hate this opinion, mostly because it is against what the bible actually teaches us! Most of the homosexual comments in the bible ...