Thursday 21 February 2013

Day 8 Wine and Whiskey

I have been thinking a lot recently about the things that chnage and consume us. These things can really impact our lives in a negative way. Often making us look upon things and feel that we are wrong, that was make stains upon our lives and that we can beome angry that we are not having things the way that we want them to be.

Having a perfect picture in our heads doesn't, as I mentioned previous, always help up. Seeking to gain what we are to teh perfection will always lead to roads of distraction and disappointments. I discussed previously that sometimes in life the things that make the right ingredients, but with slightly muddled measurements can produce a distorted picture from what we originally had in mind, and from that find that we have something more fantastic than we could have imagined.

Having this combination of stains, hurts and wrongs in our lives helps us to mix something up that can be good. Sittting on them however can make the situations stew inside us and create something that is isn't what we, with our life song, are meant to be.

When people buy wine they can become very concerned about the age that the wine was originally brewed and then bottled. The longer that the mixture inside the wine has been there the better that it tastes. Whiskey is a different story, people will usually take teh same advice with whiskey as they do with wine, but the ingredients in that whiskey will never festa in to something better.

These two thoughts of wine and whiskey got me thinking last night as I spoke to a friend.

The difference with these two drinks are the ingredients. What they are and the brewing process that they go. My dad being an avid wine maker often comes up with some combinations that I would never buy as a wine in the shop, but they do seem to work when we drink them. I asked dad about this and he did say that not all ingredients would work. Some might have contents in them that could dramatically change the flavour and potentially ruin the taste of the wine. In time you can then only find out unless you have expereince in your corner and your already know that these combinations don't work.

This I thought was interesting, with experience in your corner you already know that the combinations don't work. There must be an awful lot of bottles of wine that have been stored that could be disgusting.

I suppose in life we are life this. We can allow these stains, hurts and wrongs brew inside us, create a combination that isn't going to do us any good. The longer that we allow them to brew inside us we run the risk of creating something even worse. I was mentioning in a prior post that we guard things that are no longer there, or guard things that we should let go of, I see this in teh analogy as a uncorking of the bottle.

What also got me thinking though was why doesnt the whiskey brew, and why don't we run the risk of it getting worse? I really don't know, and wont proclaim that I do. The only thing that would make sense to me though is that if the wine ingredients dont work with the inner chemical balance that maybe it is the chemical balance and ingredients with the whiskey. They are just right, and they sit happily together.

What a wishful thing that it would be to be a bottle of whiskey, having this inner chemical balance that helps the combinations of things in our life to sit well. Doesn't it feel more like the fact that we're a bottle of wine at times? But the truth is, the we do have a peaceful inner balance inside us, this inner balance can cleanse us from the bad ingredients that can spoil us.

I really hope that you all think about what you would rather be, a bottle of Whiskey that has this inner balance, staying as you are. Or are you bottling up something that doesnt sit right with you? Running the risk of the ingredients brewing badly inside us, waiting to be uncorked?

For me, I would like to think that I am a Whiskey, but I dont always see what others see, and actually feel more like a bottle of wine, brewing away. The difference is that I will always uncork, take away my guard, and let the mix out if I think its brewing incorrectly.Then, like my father I can look at it and say these ingredients didnt work and start again. I would rather be a young bottle of good wine, that one that has brewed and spoiled. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Being Gay and the bible

Oh how I hate this opinion, mostly because it is against what the bible actually teaches us! Most of the homosexual comments in the bible ...